Titania Inglis' collection of cool, streamlined separates and dresses may have a minimalist appeal, but when it comes to her playlist—which includes '90s jams from Smashing Pumpkins and PJ Harvey—the designer opts for playful tunes with a dance-ready beat.
1. Little Dragon, "Nightlight" - "The lead singer, Yukimi Nagano, is a tiny dynamo with such a soulful voice. I was blown away by their performance at Prospect Park."
2. Smashing Pumpkins, "Mayonaise" - "Fell in love with this song all over again when James Iha played it earlier this month. Delicate intro, crushing guitars."
3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Zero" - "Hands down my favorite karaoke song, although 'Tik Tok' is another good one."
4.Dum Dum Girls, "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out" - A classic Smiths song with echoing vocals by one of my favorite current bands."
5. Sleigh Bells, "Comeback Kid" - "Relentless dance beat, Alexis Krauss’s sweet voice. She’s a dynamite performer—they killed it at Converse City Carnage."
6. The Kills, "Future Starts Slow" - "The rolling thunder of the drums, the slightly-off boy-girl harmonies between Jamie and Alison... I can’t get enough of this song."
7. The XX, "Chained" - "So gentle, so sad, so danceable."
8. Oh Land, "Wolf & I" - "The perfect blend of melancholy singing and crisp synth beats."
9 - 10. Portishead, "Cowboys" and PJ Harvey, "Down by the Water"- "High-school favorites of mine that came back into the rotation when Becka Diamond played them at my February Fashion Week show. Deliciously evil."
<a href="http://">Haley Boyd Digs the Black Keys and Fleetwood Mac this Fall