1) Chelsea: A reader has some news of plywood going up on 23rd and 10th: "Il Bordello -- Ristorante Mediterraneo is opening on 23rd st and 10th ave. in the space that has been 50 different restaurants— and vacant for awhile. Regardless...They need to hire a graphic designer (the sign looks like suspiciously like Olive Garden!!!) And It's a block away from the potential Stripper-Bar-Hotel, so the theme fits...." [PLYWOOD]
2) Upper West Side: A tipster spots new plywood on 79th and Columbus: "It's going to be Italian, it's called Ducale. It's on 79th & Columbus Ave where Northwest closed down for something tax related. It's an excellent space with a hidden speakeasy upstairs. Hope they keep that. It was a local hideout." [PLYWOOD]
3) Upper West Side: Crain's reports some UWS plywood news: "Mike's Italian Kitchen will soon occupy the corner of Amsterdam Avenue and West 92nd Street. The Kosher à la carte restaurant, which already operates Mike's Bistro on West 72nd Street and Broadway, recently signed a 10-year lease for 1,000 square feet on the ground floor of 654 Amsterdam Ave...The eatery is tentatively scheduled to open for business this fall." [PLYWOOD]
4) Bed-Stuy: The Bed-Stuy blog has an early look at the the restaurant coming from the owner of Piadina. The new space on Halsey Street will have a main dining room, a connected cafe and general store, and a back garden. According to a chat with the owner, he'll serve pizza and pasta, and the general store will offer organic and locally-grown vegetables, meat, and dairy products, along with Serrano ham, proscuitto, and bufala mozzarella, shipped in from Spain and Italy. [PLYWOOD]
5) Brooklyn Heights: McBrooklyn gets some new shots of the old Busy Chef space: "Sources say talks with a restaurateur are in progress, at least for the Busy Chef portion of the corner. Thursday, all three interconnected businesses -- Busy Chef, Blue Pig and Oven -- were covered up with a wooden shed." [PLYWOOD]
6) Greenpoint: Brownstoner has an update on the long awaited Greenpoint bar Production Lounge at 113 Franklin. It "will have cocktails and snacks, but in attempt to appeal to the film industry, they're offering patrons the chance to 'watch various types of entertainment going on from auditions and rehearsals, to modeling shoots and workshops...'" [PLYWOOD]
7) Astoria: A tipster has a report of a new place going opening up in Astoria: "There's a new restaurant opening soon (from the looks of it) in Astoria. It's on the corner of 21st and 30th Ave. It's called Vesta Trattoria and Wine Bar, housed in a space that used to be a bagel/breakfast shop called Agatha's." [PLYWOOD]
8) Greenwich Village: A Hamburger Today notices a new burger spot, Burger Creations opening up on 8th between Mercer and Greene. Owners say they plan to open next week. [PLYWOOD]For more stories from Eater, go to eater.com.