- Q: What are Park Slope parents pissed off about today? A: Getting ticketed for bicycling on the sidewalk with their wee ones.
- In the most serendipitous timing of a potential disaster ever, the "hero pilot of the Hudson" is personally invited by Obama to attend inauguration in D.C.
- Cabbies don't know how to get there, and it's "not much of a block," but Martin Luther King Place is the only official MLK marker in all of Brooklyn.
- Thought the recession was driving everyone to leave New York for cheaper places to live? Nope: As Economy Stalls, Fewer New Yorkers Moving Out of State
- Gothamist talks to photographer Nathan Kensinger about his arresting shots of abandoned spaces in the Borough of Kings, opening at UrbanDocs on 1/24.
- This piece about New York having lost its swagger is still pissing people off all over the place!
- "As long as we keep the house lights down, I won't know if anyone walks out." - Will Ferrell on his Dubya-themed show You're Welcome America, which opens in previews in Inauguration Day.
- ...& ICYMI (because we sure did): A man shoplifted a shark from a pet store, smuggling it out under his jacket.
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media