- Hey, did you hear about the new president? City Room looks at how the day unfolded at New York City schools.
- Coney Island's rezoning nonsense can stuff it: Hot dog purveyor (and site of the storied annual July 4 hot-dog eating contest) Nathan's Famous isn't going anywhere, thank you very much.
- New area restaurants getting taste of recession, freaking out.
- Brooklyn's Children's Museum welcomes visitor number 100,000.
- Over in Greenpoint, it's the 1970s all over again.
- Speaking of the '70s, Barkley L. Hendricks' Birth of the Cool exhibit opens in Harlem. Check out Gothamist's gallery.
- Following up on yesterday's news that Park Slope parents are hopping mad over getting ticketed for riding bikes on the sidewalks with their kids: more pissiniess!
- Tonight's hottest tickets? It's down between the Bell House Brooklyn Inaugural Ball and opening night of Will Ferrell's You're Welcome, America.
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media