- French prez Nico Sarkozy bare-legged it for a Central Park jog, according to somebody on Liz Smith's speed-dial. We just hope he didn't go all Steve Guttenberg on us -- no bijoux de famille, s'il vous plait.
- A "Seven Days of Sex" summit held by an evangelical pastor attended by 10,000 couples? It's the new, racier NY Times!
- Disgraced gub Eliot Spitzer's writing a book! He's going to lay out in black and white the "root causes of the mistakes that have brought us to the economic precipice," for all - especially Prez-Elect Obama -- to learn from. 'Cause that's totally what everyone wants to hear Spitzer talk about.
- Male hipster prototype seeks female equivalent on Craigslist: "You: Skinny jeans with black boots just past your ankles, brown straight hair with bangs…" […] "…we're both so totally and hopelessly unoriginal and fake we'd be perfect for one another." Wait, so is this anti-ironic irony? We're confused.
- Lord & Taylor unveils its holiday windows. The theme? Cozy Christmas wonderland, all plum pudings and carolers, likely designed to conjure up a case of the warm fuzzies and make us all feel a bit less like Scrooge's underpaid, cold, miserable staffers.
- Crack problem on Fourth Avenue in Brooklyn?! That should make selling all those new glass-box condos a piece of cake! Oh wait, you mean not "crack problem" as in Whitney Houston, but "crack problem" as in structurally unsound and about to fall over? Well, that's less fun. Unless the cracks were actually caused by all that condo building.
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media