Suggested Makeup Looks for Palin, Obama, and McCain
We know which one's Palin!
• Gordon Espinet, vice-president of makeup artistry for M.A.C Cosmetics, created suggested makeup looks for Cindy McCain, Michelle Obama, and Sarah Palin. His big tip: "Red Lipstick is a great option as it commands attention and communicates a desire to be taken seriously." That's great, but can someone please address Palin's bouffant? [Beauty Snob]
• Macy's launched a 300-square-foot in-store shop called Beautiful Planet, carrying only organic and natural beauty products like Care by Stella McCartney and Pangea Organics. We do love Macy's, but this sounds gimmicky. [WWD]
• Benefit's new blush called Dallas goes on a peachy shade. Makes perfect sense. Because if Dallas were a color, it would be peach. [Makeup and Beauty Blog]
• Enrique Puig, managing director of Antonio Puig Perfumes, died on Thursday in Spain at the age of 68. Puig is the largest beauty company in Spain. [WWD]
• Chanel No. 5 Eau Premier launches today, a lighter, fresher, softer version of the iconic original. [M.I.S.S. Crew Blog]
• Amy Gonzo, 19, won a contest to create her own Chanel nail-polish shade. And she picked shimmer-flaked brown. Not that innovative, but also, not a bad color. [All Lacquered Up]