- It's like the recession with lifts! Chris Elam's envelope-pushing Misnomer Dance Company will comment on the imploding economy with a performance webcast live from a Wall Street bank vault (yep), located right next door to the NY Stock Exchange. 5:30PM, www.misnomer.org/vault
- He just had to dance, people. Is that so wrong? You all know the story of Billy Elliott, the plié-ing outcast who became a star. Watch the wee bairn soar in this award-winning musical with music by Elton John at the Imperial Theater, 2 and 8PM.
- Hey, remember the '80s? Get down to grooves of old New York with Jazzy Jay of Afrika Bambaataa's Zulu Nation and radio hip-hop legend DJ Red Alert at Santos Party House, where they'll be spinning late into the night. 11PM.
- Make like Peggy Sue and twist the night away at the first-ever Sadie Hawkins Dance Spectacular at Touch Nightclub. Yes, there will be poodle skirts and saddle shoes. And it all benefits art for the Women's Project. 9PM.
- If the Charleston and the Jitterbug are more your thing, don a fringe dress and head to Vaudeville at the Gin Mill, a 1920s supper club show with a big band at Drom, 7:30PM.
- Contemporary dance outfit Movement Research is performing its own response to UNESCO's call for World Dance Day as part of the Spring Dance Festival, and it's "all-inclusive." Smells like audience participation! Fred Torres Collaborations in Chelsea, 6-9PM.
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media