Get your morning scoop on a few good picnic spots, an update to PugGate, live-blogging a bar, Peter Luger's Ravitch connection, and a mysterious blog in Fort Greene in today's local blog round-up.
- Flavorwire gives us a brief rundown of the "most culturally inclined" picnic spots for lovers of art, music, and architecture. This made me want to go site on the nearest patch of grass and eat the rest of my spaghetti but I'll wait for the weekend and do it right. [Flavorwire]
- Chrissie Brodigan, the Greenpoint woman who was arrested for having a sick, out-of-bag pug on the L train last month, was fired from her job at Plum TV for reasons unclear. She says it was for "equivocating in the press, they say for "valid reasons, unrelated" to the whole anti-Semitic accusations that ran in the New York Post. [Gothamist]
- All the Curbed Network editors met up at the newly notorious Superdive bar for a real-time look at just what happens at the frat-tastic drinking establishment where patrons can order their own kegs amid rumors of DIY drink mixing. It's kinda hilarious. [Eater]
- An excited Richard Ravitch signed his oath of office Wednesday night at Peter Luger's Steak House in Williamsburg. Mr. Ravitch reportedly said, "This is my favorite restaurant, and I wouldn’t take the oath of office anywhere else." [City Room]
- What IS this thing?! Bees nest? Bird poop? No one seems to know, or want to know. It is monster season, so is this growth on the side of Habana Outpost something more sinister than simple nature? [The Local]
Do you have a New York-based blog or know one we should be following? Email us and let us know!