With hours to go until tonight's Red Hook-filmed Real World: Brooklyn premiere (10PM, MTV), here's a handy rundown of all the intel we've gathered in the frenzied lead-up to the airing of the 21st season:
- The trailer promised crying galore. Also: Rats!
- Token tranny Katelynn has been every bit the hot mess the producers could have hoped for, including her furious screeching at reporters ("I don't talk to the f***ing press!") and her furious blogging about Gothamist (which she berates for its "syntactically decrepit castigation." What?)
- The 21st season is gay. Like, way gay. "Gayer than a particularly gay picnic basket," you might say.
- The castmembers were not impressed with our fair city: "Obviously Manhattan is a variety of buildings that are all tall or whatever..."
- ... and yet four of them have decided they're never leaving.
- Gothamist went inside the loft and posted a comprehensive gallery of snapshots.
- They got a teeny-tiny dog and named it Brooklyn. Just like Posh Spice's kid.
- The Times doesn't completely hate it, actually.
- The second filming ended, furniture from the loft ended up on Craigslist (did you score one of the IKEA beds in which the RWers got it on?)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media