We learned that:
- Vornado's Steve Roth gave big to both Republicans and Democrats in '08.
- Leviev and Mann reached a deal over management of the Apthorp.
- The city launched its rezoning of Coney Island.
- Locals are rooting for the Knickerbocker condo in Bushwick.
- Tenants incentives are the official apartment market trend of '09.
- CB Richard Ellis' chairman had a nice spot for the Inauguration.
- The M.T.A.'s somewhat prepared if the West Side yards deal collapses.
- REBNY says the average city home price dropped 10 percent in '08.
- There's a lawsuit to stop eminent domain use for Columbia's expansion.
- The Rockaways' housing market holds lessons for New York's recovery.
- A Fitch report says the Speyers will need to pour more money into Stuy Town.
- Kirk Henckels has taken over the Brooke Astor listing at 778 Park.
- Port Authory's offering $61 mill in incentives now that JPMorgan's not building.
- Our housing commissioner Shaun Donovan has become Obama's HUD secretary.
- Steve Ross says you'd have to be high to be a developer these days.
- Cushman's Capital Markets Team has dismal '08 investment numbers to share.
Copyright Obser - Observer