The city’s Landmarks Preservation Commission today approved five new landmarks including the 79-year-old, 43-story midtown skyscraper 275 Madison Avenue, owned by Aby Rosen's RFR Realty, and two libraries on 125th Street.
The full list of approved landmarks, per a spokeswoman from the LPC:
- 275 Madison Avenue (Built 1931)
- New York Public Library, George Bruce Branch, 518 West 125th Street (Built 1915)
- New York Public Library, 125th Street Branch, 224 East 125th Street (Built 1904)
- John H. and Elizabeth J. Elsworth House, 90 Bayview Avenue, Staten Island (Built pre-1880)
- Hubbard House, 2138 McDonald Avenue, Gravesend, Brooklyn (Built around 1830-1835)
Full release below. read more »