Milan Fashion Week Shortened; Hilary Duff Does DKNY Jeans Line
Hillary Duff's new DKNY stuff.
• Milan Fashion Week is shaving the last day off its fall 2009 schedule. Some designers dropped out this season because of the economy. [WWD]
• Hilary Duff is doing a collection for DKNY Jeans. Apparently she started her own line called Stuff by Hilary Duff five years ago but is ready to move on. [WWD]
• Barbie and Hello Kitty will be all over Fashion Week. Eric Wilson writes, "Barbie is to Cindy Crawford what Hello Kitty is to Naomi Campbell. One is the conscientious workhorse of her oeuvre, with a heart of gold (or plastic) and an improbably perfect body; the other is more difficult to read, with a sinister streak lurking behind that sweet, beautiful facade." [NYT]
• Some more Kate Moss art is up for auction in London. A set of six of Banksy's Moss portraits is expected to fetch £100,000 to £150,000. [British Vogue]
• PETA took out a giant ad in Variety panning Giorgio Armani and asking Oscar nominees to wear designers that are fur free. [NYDN]