Michelle Trachtenberg at the Catherine Malandrino show.
• Valentino laid off higher-ups in public relations and menswear in its New York office yesterday. [WWD]
• Isabel Marant plants to open her first U.S. store in L.A. this winter, and the second in New York. She's starting with L.A. to woo her celebrity clientele. [WWD]
• London Fashion Week will close with its first-ever menswear showcase. [British Vogue]
• Michelle Trachtenberg doesn't think she should buy rather than borrow clothes to help designers in These Times. [WWD]
• Thakoon Panichgul was so tired after Fashion Week that he wore the same red-plaid shirt for a week. [NYO]
Read more posts by Amy Odell
Filed Under: designers, economy, fall 2009, industry players, isabel marant, loose threads, michelle trachtenberg, new york fashion week, thakoon panichgul, valentino