• Receive personalized styling tips from dress and swimwear designer Shoshanna Lonstein Gruss and preview her spring 2009 collection. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 Fifth Ave., nr. 50th St. (212-940-4806); 4–7.
• Laura Mercier, founder of Laura Mercier Cosmetics, will stop by Henri Bendel to promote her spring collection. She'll also teach a workshop featuring her new floral-inspired products. Henri Bendel, 712 Fifth Ave., nr. 56th St. (212-247-1100); appearance (3–6), workshop (6–7). Workshop is $100, call for reservations.
• Authors Marisha Pessl and Anisha Lakhani will make an appearance at Lord & Taylor to support jewelry line Carolee's "Author's Words To Live By" collection. They are selling bangles to benefit Literacy Partners. Autographed copies of the authors' works will be given as gifts with purchase. 424 Fifth Ave., nr. 38th St. (212-391-3344); 6–8.
• Save on cashmere at the White + Warren spring 2009 sample sale. Cashmere cardigans and pullovers are $85 (originally $220), cashmere travel wraps are $125 (originally $275), and cotton cardigans and novelty sweaters are $50 (originally $165). Through 3/14. 80 W. 40th St., nr. Sixth Ave., third fl. (212-298-3295); Th (12–7), F (8–7), S (9–3).
• Men's clothes by Gilded Age are 40 to 75 percent off retail prices at the brand's first sample sale. 11 E. 4th St., nr. Broadway (212-228-7747); Th, F (10–7), S (10–5).
• Tunics and dresses by Roberta Freymann are 30 to 70 percent off. Through 3/14. 153 E. 70th St., at Lexington Ave. (212-585-3767); Th (10:30–6:30), F, S (11–6).
• Find serious discounts on the men's clothes by Carlos Campos — leather bombers are $185 (originally $950), overcoats are $100 to $200 (originally $1,100), and button-up shirts are $60 (originally $195). Through 3/12. 248 W. 35th St., nr. Seventh Ave., ninth fl. (212-244-2377); W, Th (10–7).
• Italian leather handbags, travel accessories, wallets, and gifts are 50 to 70 percent off at the Tusk clearance sale. Receive an additional 5 percent off purchases of $200 or more and 10 percent off purchases of $300 or more. Through 3/21. 242 W. 26th St., nr. Eighth Ave. (212-242-8585); M–S (11–7).
• Clothing Line is hosting a sample sale featuring men's and women's clothes by Rogan and Loomstate. 261 W. 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., second fl. (212-947-8748); T, Th (10–7), W, F (10–6).
• If you didn't get a chance to hit the Brooks Brothers sale last week, don't fret, because it's been extended. Brooks Brothers and Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers collections are up to 75 percent off: Sport coats are $99, pants are $69, and outerwear starts at $199. 346 Madison Ave., at 44th St., fourth fl. (212-682-8800); M–F (8–8).
Read more posts by Sharon Clott