• Rag & bone designers Marcus Wainwright and David Neville swing by Scoop's uptown location for an evening of wine, music, and shopping. Jeweler Bettina Wassermann will also be there with her jewelry, which was made famous when Mickey Rourke wore her pendant honoring his dog Loki to the Oscars. Scoop, 1275 Third Ave., nr. 73rd St. (212-535-5577); 6–9.
• Get ready to suck in your gut when you head to Saks Fifth Avenue to meet Sara Blakely, the founder of Spanx. She's there to launch Haute Contour by Spanx, a collection of lingerie-inspired looks, with an intimate cocktail party. 611 Fifth Ave., nr. 49th St., tenth fl. (212-940-2413); 5–7.
• Idlewild books, the travel-themed bookstore, is hosting Granta magazine's launch party. Stop by to meet the contributors and drink wine. 12 W. 19th St., nr. Fifth Ave. (212-414-8888); 7–9. RSVP to email@example.com.
• Elline Surianello, founder of LeMetric Hair Center, sets up in Saks with clinical psychologist Dr. Valerie White and BettyConfidential.com style editor Lois Joy-Johnson to offer complimentary wine, hors d'oeuvres, on-site makeovers by Laura Mercier, personal-shopping consultations by Saks, a discount-shopping card, and after-hours access to the store. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 Fifth Ave., nr. 49th St., eighth fl. (646-827-9594); 6:30–9.
• Cynthia Rowley's sample sale features up to 80 percent off apparel and accessories. Full-price merchandise is also 20 percent off. Through 3/28. 376 Bleecker St., nr. Charles St. (212-242-3803); Th–S (10–9).
• Stop by Camilla Staerk's store for up to 80 percent off fall 2008 pieces and other past-season samples. Also find a section of vintage and designer clothes from EMG Vintage. Through 3/27. 182 Mulberry St., nr. Kenmare St. (212-343-1160); Th, F (4–8).
• Here's a good way to spend your lunch break: Stop by Ben Sherman and Oxford Golf for their two-hour sample sale. Apparel is $10 and up, while shoes are $20 and up (for sizes 7 through 12). One day only. 860 Broadway, at 17th St., fifth fl.; 1–3.
• Jill Stuart, Alice + Olivia, and other brands stocked at WiNK are up to 80 percent off. Through 3/28. 188 Columbus Ave., nr. 68th St. (212-877-7727); daily (11–9).
• Shop like a princess at the Marchesa sample sale, where gowns from the Marchesa and Notte by Marchesa lines are 50 to 80 percent off. Sale prices range from $200 to $2,650 (originally $750 to $7,000). Warwick Hotel, 65 W. 54th St., at Sixth Ave., second fl.; W (8–7), Th (8–6).
• Receive 75 percent off women’s ready-to-wear, handbags, shoes, and jewelry from the summer 2008 collection at the Emanuel Ungaro Paris sample and stock sale. Through 3/26. 12 W. 57th St., nr. Fifth Ave., (212-247-2239); 10–7.
• Everything must go at Amarcord’s East Village location. Find vintage men’s and women’s shirts, dresses, pants, skirts, sweaters, hats, scarves, belts, shoes, and bags for $5, $10, and $20. Through 3/29. 84 E. 7th St., nr. First Ave. (212-614-7133); 12–6. Cash only.
• Kirna Zabête's online warehouse sale features your favorite designers’ clothes at up to 75 percent off. Alexander Wang dresses are $144 (originally $575), Lanvin dresses are $746 (originally $2,985), Proenza Schouler blouses and dresses are $163 to $938 (originally $650 to $3,750), Nina Ricci leather jackets are $898 (originally $3,590), and Stella McCartney blouses are as low as $69 (originally $345). Through 4/3. Online only: KirnaZabete.com.
• Fall and resort 2008 dresses by Sari Gueron are up to 90 percent off. Cocktail dresses that were $1,310 are now only $200, while blouses and tunics are $80 (originally $650). 133 W. 25th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; 11–7.
Read more posts by Sharon Clott