Anna Sui, spring 2009.
• Damiano Biella is no longer the creative director of Sarah Palin's favorite label, Escada. The house's director of brand management, Bettina Hammerl, will oversee the design team. [WWD]
• Anna Sui's weathering the downturn. Guy Trebay writes, "Ms. Sui is not the designer the press looks to for cues to the immediate future of style ... Yet her fan base remains loyal, and that is partly why Sui’s career seems to represent the kind ardently sought by design school students and 'Project Runway' aspirants." [NYT]
• Michael Ovitz's daughter Kimberly produced a "grungy, equestrian"-inspired fashion line you can buy at Intermix. "I was finally confident enough to say, 'This is my last name, I'm going to use it,'" she says. [NYP]
• Kate Winslet says dressing for the red carpet is "just about what's comfortable" and relies on a stylist to help her sort options because "it wouldn't be possible to figure it out otherwise." [WWD]
• Victoria Beckham: "My best piece of advice is that women should always take into account their shape and personality — and cater for that rather than blindly following trends." Think of that when you're looking for spring jumpsuits. [British Vogue]
Read more posts by Amy Odell