The eighties makeup at Gucci.
• The Hairdressing Journal reports that blonde-hair-dye sales rose 67 percent compared to last year. We guess it's a cheap thrill if you can't afford new shoes. [Sassybella]
• The makeup on Gucci's fall 2009 runway was eighties inspired. Not to Marc's extreme, but the colors, eyeliner, and power lip were collectively present. Message for fall: Let's go clubbing? [Daily Beauty Reporter/Allure]
• Beauty-counter salespeople at Barneys say that no one has been cut in their 75-person department, and cite steady sales. Women claim to cut purchases from $175 to $102. Sacrifices. [NYT]
• Rumor: Freida Pinto might be the next spokesperson for Estée Lauder. We hope Lauder confirms, for diversity's sake. [BellaSugar]
• The summer colors for the Sugar Rush collection by Shades by Barielle include bright purple and yellow, medium pink, and mint green, in case you got over the neon trend last spring. [e-Polish Blog]
Read more posts by Sharon Clott