Amongst other things, Michael revealed the following:
- He’s definitely going to be in London during Closing Ceremonies for the Beijing games, for the hand over to the next Olympics.
- At the London games in 2012, there are some swim time goals he still wants to achieve.
- He wants to try some new events in London! Maybe the backstroke!
- Over the last 24 hours, he’s received 4,000 – 5,000 messages on his Blackberry.
- Yes, he’s talked to the President since his win on Sunday, who said, “Give your mother a hug, and tell her the President sent it!”
- Since his win, he’s mostly been spending time with family & friends; something he didn’t really have around him in Athens.
- When asked his “description of love,” he said, “Huh? The person I love the most is sitting right here – my mother.”
- He’ll definitely be stopping by his mom’s school when he’s back in Baltimore.
- He’s excited to step foot back in the U.S., and to see his English Bulldog, Herman.
- Recovery is the biggest thing for him this week. After that, he plans to go play some golf and have some fun. Since he’s been working towards this his whole life, now he’s going to do some things he wasn’t able to do growing up.
- He was excited to have heard that the popularity of swimming for kids is up something like 40% (in some poll, or another) since hype around the games began!
- He can’t wait to go to a lot of Baltimore Ravens games this fall.
- Serious training for him will begin again at the beginning of 2009.
- People he still really wants to meet? – Michael Jordan & Tiger Woods.
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
Michael Phelps - Check Out the Photos
Access Extended: USA Swim Team Coach Talks Michael Phelps - Play it Now
2008 Beijing Olympics: Swimmers - Check Out the Photos