1. They need to redeem themselves for a widely panned Day Six. Jack Bauer’s dad and brother helping the terrorists? C’mon!
2. Because of last year’s writer’s strike, Day 7 was sidelined and the show hasn’t been on the air since May 2007!
3.Kiefer Sutherland thinks the strike may have actually got the creative juices flowing for Day 7. Kiefer says, “As disappointing as that was I can tell you that we never took a break we worked the entire time and I think because of the extra time I think arguably it’s our best season we have ever had.”
4. Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard) returns and he might just be a bad guy now. Bernard says, “Okay bad is such a relative term. Let’s call him morally challenged at the present time.”
5. Jack and Tony face off in an ass kicking fight!
6. There is a new threat – a device that can break into any super computer and mess up transportation, banking, power grids and other imperative American systems.
7. They have got a female president! Broadway legend Cherry Jones steps in as President Taylor.
8. President Taylor has got a “first husband”
9. The first husband is secretly investigating the death of their son (behind the president’s back) who is believed to have committed suicide.
10. “Jericho’s” Sprague Grayden joins the cast as the president’s daughter, Olivia.
11. Chloe! At the show’s premiere party, fans gathered around the red carpet said it best to Mary Lynn Rajskub ,who plays Chloe our favorite awkward computer hacker, “Chloe is the best thing on that show!”
12. Chloe’s got a kid - and no she is not a stay-at-home mom in the show as she revealed in a recent article. It was a joke.
13. Chloe’s got some competition. Janis Gold (Jeneane Garofolo) is the FBI’s top hacker and as equally awkward as Chloe. They’ll have some face offs too.
14. Jack’s daughter, Kim Bauer, is coming back. The good news - she won’t be chased by any cougars.
15. CTU has been disbanded. No more of that annoying telephone ring.
16. They’ve got a feisty red head - FBI agent Renee Walker (Annie Wersching) who finds herself drawn to Jack’s illegal tactics. Annie says, “I am definitely intrigued by him and the way he does it. I don’t necessarily agree with it wholeheartedly. That is kind of my struggle throughout the season is which way to go by the book or the Jack way.”
17. Sparks may fly romantically between Jack and Renee. Wersching says, “When you are trying to save the world you never know when there is time for that but there is chemistry.”
18. A change of scenery. The show takes place in Washington, D.C., instead of Los Angeles.
19. Jack’s now got his own action figure - a jacktion figure. Fun!
20. Nice guy Bill Buchanan returns after being ousted from CTU in Day Six.
21. Critics are saying the show has got its spark back this season.
22. Jack gets to tell off a Senator in a congressional hearing investigating his tactics and gets to say this, “No, sir. I am more than willing to be judged by the people you claim to represent … But, please, do not sit there with that smart look on your face and expect me to regret the decisions I have made. Because, sir, the truth is, I don’t.” Juicy!
23. It’s counter programming to “The Bachelor.”
24. No repeats. The show airs all 24 episodes continuously every week. “24” premieres Sunday night with a 2 hour premiere and then moves Monday nights on Fox.
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
PLAY IT NOW: Dish Of Salt: ‘24’ Season 7 Premiere Party
PLAY IT NOW: Dish Of Salt: Meet ‘The Bachelor’ - Jason Mesnick, Part I