The trio is facing charges of conspiring to provide prescription drugs to late model Anna Nicole Smith, who died of an accidental overdose in February 2007 at the age of 39.
Stern, her lawyer-turned-boyfriend, joined Drs. Eroshevich and Kapoor in court on Wednesday. The three arrived within minutes of each other.
All three agreed to turn in handwriting examplars to the law enforcement investigators. The judge also filed a protective order on 1400 pages of discovery. June 8 has been set as the next court date.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, California Attorney General Jerry Brown said in a statement in March, "These individuals repeatedly and excessively furnished thousands of prescription pills to Anna Nicole Smith, often for no legitimate medical purpose. This case is not a minor league case. Thousands of pills were put into the body of Anna Nicole Smith. The maximum sentence is several years, one count could be as high as three years, and there are 11 counts."
However, Dr. Eroshevich said in a previous statement to Access that the star's treatment had been, "certainly not criminal."
"Anna was the center of a cruel tabloid feeding frenzy. In the face of this, Dr. Eroshevich did her best to help the patient while protecting what little privacy Anna had left," she said at the time. "Any actions were done with the patient's well-being in mind and were certainly not criminal."
Both doctors face charges of obtaining a prescription for opiates by fraud, deceit or misrepresentation and prescribing opiates by giving a false name or address.
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
PLAY IT NOW: Howard K. Stern Faces The Judge (April 7, 2009)
PLAY IT NOW: California Attorney General's Case Against Howard K. Stern