With Season 4 of "Top Chef: Masters" set to premiere at the end of the month, July is buzzing with some goods from our favorite Bravo chefs.
- "Top Chef" Judge Tom Colicchio is crossing into a new line of hospitality late this summer, when his restaurant group opens their first hotel, Topping Rose Inn, in Bridgehampton, NY. Craft Restaurant Group will not only be hiring the bellhops and valets, but will of course be heading up the kitchen and menus, that will feature the freshest ingredients from the properties one-acre farm. [Crain's New York]
- After last season's "Top Chef" crowned Paul Qui its winner, everyone across the nation has since been dying to get a taste of this Texan-born "Best New Chef." Well New Yorkers, here's your chance. Tickets are still available for "City Grit Presents: Paul Qui"on July 25 where the Austin-based chef will be sampling a tasting menu from his new concept restaurant. You'll be the first with the inside scoop! [City Grit]
- The Twitterverse has been pretty up on keeping rumors steady that Seattle will be hosting "Top Chef's" 10th season. Bravo has yet to confirm, but there have been twitpics of Padma, Chef Hugh Acheson, and others snapped in Seattle staples like Pike Place Market and Skycity. Hopefully they'll hit up our favorite Top Pot Donut for a cheftestant-dreaded Dessert Challenge, or at least just a snack. [Eater]
And some former cheftestants have up-and-coming grubhubs that we'll soon be able sink our teeth into…
- Fan Favorite and "The Chew" co-host Carla Hall is set to open a pop-up restaurant at David Burke's Burke in the Box on July 18 and 19 with a five-course prix fixe menu inspired by her Nashville roots. [Gothamist]
- Season 1 "Top Chef: Just Desserts'" winner Yigit Pura will be opening a new pastry shop and cafe in Macy's Union Square in San Francisco on August 25. [Grubstreet SF]
- "Top Chef" Season 2's Emily Sprissler will be opening the doors to her new gastropub, Mayfair & Pine, in DC on July 20. [Washington Post]