Crawfish and beer: A match made in heaven.
Crawfish Boil Master Chris Bicknell talked to Serious Eats about this annual event, set to take place in Stuyvesant Cove Park on May 16.
- Pounds of crawfish being shipped straight from New Orleans for the boil: 920
- Number of tickets available for this year's Boil: 200 (so get yours fast)
- Size of the pots on site at the event: 100 quarts
- Essential ingredients for a boil: 8 (spiced crawfish, potatoes, corn on the cob, onions, garlic, lemons, mushrooms, sausage)
- What attending the Boil will cost you: $60 includes four crawfish pours with all the fixings, plus unlimited beer and New Orleans Hurricanes
- Number of crawfish boils Bicknell's thrown, roughly: 100
- Years since he left Louisiana for NYC: 20
Saturday 5/16, 4-8PM solarONE, on the water
Stuyvesant Cove Park, 2420 FDR Drive Service Road East at 22nd Street
For more info, plus Bicknell's ideas on crawfish racing (slow) and who makes the best pizza in the city, head to Serious Eats.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations