Queens County Farm Museum
Eat a locavore feast at in the field at Queens County Farm Museum.
One of the coolest, most unusual places in NYC we’ve been lately is the Queens County Farm Museum. Next Wednesday, head there for their Summer Feast in the Field event, where you’ll eat food raised on site. Here’s why:
- Red barns, farm animals, rolling pastures, and yet you’re still in Queens.
- You’ll get to check out the only working vineyard in metro NYC (yep, they just bottled their first Merlot)
- Forking Fantastic author Tamara Reynolds will be cooking the dinner, along with Amy Bodiker, formerly of Stone Barns (she’s coming all the way from Ohio to cook for y’all)
- The menu is designed to represent different ethnic groups that make up the borough of Queens…
- …and that includes “taking free range chickens that the farm raised, bathing them in a homemade adobo, wrapping them tightly in banana leaves and slow roasting them,” according to Reynolds.
- …and you’ll get to sup on all this goodness under the stars.
Summer Feast in the Field
Wednesday, August 11,
Farm tour at ; dinner at