- Hey, laid-off media types, here's a hot tip on landing your next gig: Vanity Fair ed and Waverly Inn ruiner Graydon Carter admits "he's hired staffers after eyeing them in bars because they 'walked with purpose.'" You're welcome.
- Perks of the recession: Writers can afford to hire assistants now, because nowadays people will do anything for a handful of coins.
- Axl Rose hasn't left his house for two months and refuses to do press for Chinese Democracy, sez Page Six, on account of being anthropophobic (afraid of people), which his doctor insists has nothing to do with a different medical condition that presents as barely being able to look anyone in the eye because the album it took you 15 years to make sucks like a Dyson upright.
- Hope and change -- from the MTA? The new South Ferry subway station is nearly complete, has tasteful arty murals and "smart escalators that automatically speed up and slow down."
- SF mayor Gavin Newsom is smack-talking NYC, just because of some fancy new transit station he has planned? "Eat your heart out, New York City"? Oh, suck it, Newsom. It's on.
- Just bizarre: Fox Anchorman Number One is pissed because Fox Anchorman Number Two won't answer his friend request on Facebook. You know, just coming up with reasons to say "Facebook" on-air doesn't magically make your fear of low ratings disappear.
- …&ICYMI: You can't keep a diva down! Unless she's not drinking enough water. Liza Minnelli is canceling shows because she's dehydrated.
Published at 11:50 PM EDT on Jul 17, 2009 | Updated at 10:51 AM EST on Dec 12, 2008
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations / NBC New York