Fairway Market's Chicken Satay with Noodles
Updated 3:53 PM EST, Wed, Feb 24, 2010
from Fairway Market
To marinate the chicken:
3 lbs chicken cutlets
1/4 cup corn oil
1 oz fresh ginger
1 TBPS sesame oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon red chili paste, such as sambal
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 limes, juiced
1/2 cup hot water
1/8 cup cilantro leaves
1/4 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
Combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, red chili paste, brown sugar, cilantro, and lime juice in a food processor or blender. With the motor running, drizzle in the hot water to thin out the sauce. You may not need all of it. Pour the sauce into a serving bowl and top with the chopped peanuts.
Noodles and garnish:
1/2 lb rice noodles
2 TBPS soy sauce
1/4 cup chopped scallion
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 hot house cucumbers, cut into fourths and sliced
1 red onion, sliced thinly
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1. Cut the chicken intro strips
2. Mix all ingredients for the marinade
3. Put chicken onto skewers
4. Grill the skewers on a grill pan
5. Assemble the satay sauce by mixing all the ingredients and using hot water to
thin as necessary.
6. Cook rice noodles according to package instructions, usually 1-2 minutes in
7. Mix noodles with soy sauce, sesame oil, and chopped scallion.
8. Top with 4 skewers, cucumbers, red onion, and cilantro.
9. Serve with satay sauce.