Cauliflower Two Ways
Updated 3:56 PM EDT, Wed, Feb 24, 2010
To view this video you must to have Flash Player 9.0 or later installed. Click to download the most recent version of Flash.
from Philippe Massoud, chef at Ilili
Cauliflower Two Ways:
For 4 People
1.5 LB Cauliflower
3 ea Peeled Garlic Bulbs
1 TB Chiffonade of Parsley Leaves
1 ea Lemon
1 Cup Tahini Paste
2 Cup Lemon Juice
1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Cup Water
1.5 Tsp Kosher Salt
1. Boil the cauliflower in salted water, until it is tender enough to poke through with a fork
2. Place in ice water and until cooled, strain and reserve for later
Warm Cauliflower Salad
1. Place 1 Cup of Lemon Juice, 1 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Tsp of Salt, 1 Tsp of minced Garlic.
2. Breakup ¾ of a pound of cauliflower into 1.5 to 2 inch chunks
3. In a hot sauté pan place 2 TB of EVOO, and saute the cauliflower until it starts getting brown.
4. Place sautéed cauliflower in a place, salt to taste and drizzle Lemon Vinaigrette, garnish with Lemon Zest and chiffonade of Parsley
Fried Cauliflower with Tahini
1. In a mixing bowl mix 1 Cup Lemon, 1 Cup Tahini Paste, 1 Cup Water, and 1.5 Tsp of Kosher Salt, 2 Tsp Minced Garlic
2. Mix until the mixture is homogenous and silky. If it is too thick, you may add more water or lemon juice depending on taste
5. Breakup ¾ of a pound of cauliflower into 1.5 to 2 inch chunks
6. D eep fry until light/dark brown. If you don’t want to fry it drizzle oil and roast it in the oven
In a bowl place all the fried cauliflower, and serve with a side of the tahini sauce. You may garnish sauce with parsley, and cauliflower with lemon zest.