Updated 9:28 AM EDT, Fri, Mar 5, 2010
from John Greeley, chef at '21' Club
Yield 4 Burgers (approximately 10oz. each)
1# 4oz. Chuck (trim off excess fat, large dice)
1# Short Rib (trimmed off bone, large dice)
5 oz. Dry Aged Sirloin (trim excess fat, large dice)
1 oz. Onion (diced medium)
1 tsp. Fresh thyme (pick leaves off the stem)
2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper (fresh ground medium)
1. In a large bowl mix all ingredients together.
2. Run through a meat grinder, first through a medium die, then through a fine die.
3. Form into 10 large ‘meat balls’ and pack into plastic wrap lined tin.
4. Let burgers set up in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to overnight to firm up.
5. Brush burgers with grape seed oil and grill over medium heat until nicely browned, finish off the direct heat to desired temperature.