Standoff With Murder Suspect Ends; Shot Officer OK

Man wanted in connection with murder of pregnant mother of six

By Frank Heinz
|  Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013  |  Updated 1:51 AM EDT
View Comments (
Dallas police chased a man suspected of shooting and killing his pregnant girlfriend.

Omar Villafranca, NBC 5 News

Dallas police chased a man suspected of shooting and killing his pregnant girlfriend.

Photos and Videos

Dallas Police Chase Shooting Suspect

Dallas police chased a man suspected of shooting and killing his pregnant girlfriend.

Police Chase After Pregnant Woman Killed

A man suspected of killing a pregnant woman and wounding a police officer during a chase was taken into custody after a four hour standoff in North Dallas. The wounded officer is out of the hospital.
More Photos and Videos

A man accused of shooting and killing his pregnant former girlfriend before shooting a Dallas police officer during a chase Monday afternoon is now in police custody.

Dallas police said Tyrone Christopher Allen is charged with capital murder and aggravated assault on a police officer.

Allen is suspected in the fatal shooting of Breshuana Jackson. Jackson, 28, a mother of six children between the ages of 2 and 10, was killed along with her unborn child Monday morning in a shooting on the 12300 block of Hoblitzelle Drive.

According to police, Jackson was shot at about 10:15 a.m. She screamed out the name of her attacker, a witness said. The witness saw the gunman drive away from the residence and was able to provide police with a description of the getaway vehicle.

After the shooting, nearby Hamilton Park Pacesetter Magnet Elementary School was locked down as a precaution.

At about 11:53 a.m., police spotted a vehicle matching the witnesses' description. Officers tried to make a stop, but Allen refused and led police up and down Central Expressway.

Allen then pulled into the same Hamilton Park neighborhood where Jackson was shot earlier in the morning. As the driver sped through the neighborhood trying to elude police, he began taking shots at police officers, striking Officer Daniel Malouf once in the lower abdomen.

Malouf, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, was transported to Medical City Dallas. He was released and was recovering at home, Police Chief David Brown said Monday night.

Malouf has been with the department for five years and served in in the Army in Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan, police said.

Chopper 5 captured video of Allen stopping at one home and then people outside the running for cover as if they were being fired upon. The driver then again sped off down the road.

With his getaway car showing signs of damage, Allen then crashed, got out of the car and took off on foot. He then entered a house on Galva Drive, where he remained holed up until the standoff was brought to a close shortly before 4:30 p.m.

Allen was taken into custody without incident, police said.

During the standoff, SWAT was called to the scene and nearby homes were evacuated as a precaution.

The standoff was located about a block from the elementary school.  The school, which had been on lock down since 10:45 a.m., dismissed on time Monday -- more on that can be read here.

NBC 5''s Eric King and Omar Villafranca contributed to this story.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out