A Flower Mound, Texas, teen is recovering from severe burns after an explosion during a family hunting trip last weekend.
The Walling family said an unknown gas leak sparked just as the group started cooking dinner.
Fifteen-year-old Andrew Walling helped others escape the explosion, but suffered burns on his face, arms and legs. He was rushed to Parkland Hospital.
"I feel pretty lucky," said Andrew Walling, who has been in the hospital recovering for a week.
The quick-thinking teen helped his grandmother and three others escape the gas explosion.
The family was turkey hunting near Coleman and returned to a mobile home to make dinner.
One person went to light the stove, his hair caught on fire, flames shot in the air, and then the teen immediately reacted.
"I ran to the door opened it real quick, slammed it against the wall in between the wall, and about a second after that the entire thing exploded," said Andrew Walling.
"I got blown right out of the doorway and into a wooden pole, flipped over and dropped five or six feet," Andrew Walling said.
Because he got that door open, family members said everyone got out, including his grandmother.
The family thanks the staff at Parkland's burn unit for the great care over the last week.
The teen said he looks forward to going home, hopefully in a few days.
"I am very proud," Richard Walling said. "I was proud before, and this only reinforces what I knew about him. He is a great kid."