Authorities say an unattended wood-burning stove sparked a fire at a central New Jersey farm that destroyed two buildings and left a firefighter injured.
The fire began around 8:30 a.m. Sunday and quickly engulfed a barn and another nearby steel structure on the roughly 40-acre farm in Manalapan. Numerous firefighters from the township and nearby communities soon responded and extinguished the blaze in about 90 minutes, but both structures were destroyed.
One firefighter was taken to a hospital for treatment of a hand injury, but it was not considered serious.
No other injuries were reported in the fire, and some dogs that were kept in the barn were able to safely escape.