Anonymous Jury Ordered for NYC Terror Trial

Adis Medunjanin and others are accused of trying to recruit someone identified only as "John Doe'' to travel to Pakistan "to wage violent jihad.''

Thursday, Feb 23, 2012  |  Updated 8:46 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
NBC New York has obtained the 911 call made by terror suspect Adis Medunjanin, accused of intentionally crashing his car on the Whitestone Expressway as the FBI and NYPD moved in to arrest him for his alleged role in a plot to bomb New York City?s subways in 2009.

NBC New York

NBC New York has obtained the 911 call made by terror suspect Adis Medunjanin, accused of intentionally crashing his car on the Whitestone Expressway as the FBI and NYPD moved in to arrest him for his alleged role in a plot to bomb New York City?s subways in 2009.

advertisement
Photos and Videos

Man under FBI Surveillance ends up in car crash

An associate of terror suspect Najibullah Zazi crashed his car Thursday while being followed by the FBI, law enforcement sources tell nbcnewyork.com.Earlier in the day, the FBI again searched the residence of Bosnian immigrant Adis Medunjanin in connection with the ongoing investigation.Law enforcement sources said that after the search Medunjanin drove off in a car on the Whitestone Expressway and got into an accident with the FBI following close behind.
More Photos and Videos

A federal judge has ordered an anonymous jury for the upcoming trial of a New York City man accused in one of the most serious terror plots since 9/11.     

 


The judge reserved decision on whether the jurors should be escorted daily from their homes to the court.     

Prosecutors have requested the extra security, citing the "extraordinarily compelling facts'' surrounding the case, reports the Daily News.     

Adis Medunjanin and others are accused of trying to recruit someone identified only as "John Doe'' to travel to Pakistan "to wage violent jihad.''     

The government says it has linked that person to what evolved into a failed 2009 scheme to attack subway lines with suicide bombers.     

Medunjanin has pleaded not guilty.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out