A city block has been closed off in Manhattan after stray voltage electrified a sidewalk grate and spread to doorknobs and manhole covers, Con Edison said.
The east side of Sixth Avenue between 26th and 27th Street was closed Wednesday after the voltage was detected.
Con Edison is working on the problem, the utility said.
No injuries were reported.
Stray voltage has been popping up throughout the city after a series of storms.
At least two dogs have reportedly been shocked.
Con Edison said it's likely that salt spread on city streets is contributing to the corrosion of electrical wires, which can lead to electrified grates and other infrastructure.
--Rob Schmitt contributed to this story
Must-see Olympic stories:
- WATCH: Skier Accused of Cheating Because of This
- PHOTOS: Amazing Ski Jumps
- WATCH: Crazy Falls in the Ski Halfpipe