Staten Island Commercial Center Evacuated Over Gas Leak

Around 50 people were inside the building

Tuesday, Nov 1, 2011  |  Updated 5:40 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Staten Island Commercial Center Evacuated Over Gas Leak

NBC New York

Scene of a major gas leak in Tottenville, Staten Island Tuesday.

advertisement

Several dozen people were rushed out of a building in the Tottenville section of Staten Island as firefighters attended to a major gas leak there.

The gas leak was reported from a mixed-use commercial building at about 4:30 p.m. on the 200-block of Richmond Valley Road. The center houses a gym, a physical therapy office and a roller skating center.

The leak was quickly contained, and the gas has been shut off as firefighters continue to ventilate the building and fix the leak.

There was no fire, and there has been no reported injuries.

It was unclear when the building would re-open.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out