Despite numerous injuries and technical setbacks, the Broadway production of Spiderman will stay open. Previews continued Thursday, just days after an actor in the show took a spill that landed him in the hospital. Producers of the show say that the performance went off without a hitch. Ann Mercoglinao reports.
Spider-Man has survived the scrutiny of a New York state safety inspector and has been cleared for further leaps through the holiday weekend.
New York State Department of Labor spokesman Leo Rosales said Friday that a new set of "very strict safety and security measures were properly in place when the show resumed Thursday night.
The most expensive Broadway show ever had to cancel two performances earlier this week after a scary 30-foot fall by a stunt actor brought an abrupt end to one show.
Rosales said the state is still investigating the accident and it was not yet clear when the probe will be completed.