Three restaurant workers are recovering from burns they suffered at a Midtown Manhattan sushi restaurant where some Sandy relief workers stepped in to help put out a fire.
Officials say a worker at Eno restaurant was carrying gasoline in five gallon soy sauce containers, when one spilled in the kitchen, sparking a fire.
Several upstate New York tree trimmers who were in town for Sandy relief efforts and happened to be eating at the restaurant, stepped in to put out the flames.
Investigators think one of the restaurant workers, who disappeared after the fire began, may have been hording the gasoline during this time of gas shortages.
"It's an important message for us to get out, you cannot store gasoline within a multiple dwelling, whether it's in an approved container or not," said FDNY Deputy Chief Thomas McKavanagh.
One of the restaurant workers suffered severe injuries in the fire.