As many as 13 more people -- including students -- are expected to surrender to New York authorities on Tuesday in the ongoing probe of SAT cheating, NBC New York has learned.
A source close to the investigation tells NBC New York that four of those expected to turn themselves in will be charged with accepting cash to take the test for high school students. Those individuals will be charged with felonies, the source said.
As many as nine students who paid for a test-taker are also expected to surrender. Those students won't be identified to the public, the source said. Instead, they will be prosecuted as youthful offenders and their records will be sealed.
Students from four more schools are implicated in this latest round of investigations, the source said: Great Neck South High School, Roslyn High School, St. Mary's High School in Manhasset and North Shore Hebrew Academy High School in Great Neck.
Previously, only students from Great Neck North High School were accused.
The Nassau County district attorney has scheduled a noon press conference to discuss the case that has already swept up six students and one test-taker.
In one case, the accused impersonator, 19-year-old Samuel Eshaghoff, allegedly posed as a girl during one of the tests.
Eshaghoff is accused of accepting payments of up to $2,500 for taking the tests. He and the other six, who are accused of misdemeanors, have all pleaded not guilty.