Space Heater May Have Sparked New Jersey Apartment Fire: Officials

Monday, Dec 9, 2013  |  Updated 10:34 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
A space heater may have sparked a three-alarm fire in a New Jersey high-rise apartment building Monday afternoon, authorities say.

A space heater may have sparked a three-alarm fire in a New Jersey high-rise apartment building Monday afternoon, authorities say.

advertisement

A space heater may have sparked a three-alarm fire in a New Jersey high-rise apartment building Monday afternoon, authorities say.

The blaze broke out on the 15th floor of the Parker Imperial Residential Building on Boulevard East in North Bergen just after 1 p.m. Firefighters say it started when someone tried to unplug a space heater.

"The home health care worker went to unplug the space heater, some sparks shot out, the couch caught fire and that's how it started," said North Bergen Fire Deputy Chief Gerald Sanzari. 

The fire was contained to the one apartment and was quickly knocked down. 

Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytimeiPhone/iPad App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out