Newark Blaze Sparked by Natural Gas: Officials

Wednesday, Nov 21, 2012  |  Updated 9:56 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Newark Blaze Sparked by Natural Gas: Officials

NBC 4 New York

advertisement

It took dozens of firefighters at least an hour to bring a blaze in Newark under control Wednesday night. 

The fire started inside an unoccupied two-story home at 12-14 Fabyan Place in the West Ward section at about 7 p.m., fire officials said. 

It appears to have been sparked by a small explosion caused by natural gas, officials said.

It took 13 fire trucks and 55 firefighters to bring the fire under control, officials said. The building was destroyed in the fire, and an adjacent building was seriously damaged. 

There were no injuries.

Investigation is continuing.

Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytimeiPhone/iPad App | SMS AlertsTwitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news team... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out