If you're looking for a comfortable stay at a clean hotel with great customer service, then TripAdvisor, the popular Web site for travel advice, suggests that you steer clear of the New York Inn in Manhattan.
The manager of the hotel, of course, disagrees.
For the fifth year in a row TripAdvisor has ranked the top 10 hotels in America based on customer reviews. The New York Inn, located in Times Square, came in at No. 6 with complaints ranging from bad customer service to bedbugs, urine soaked sheets, and unpleasant odors.
Cleark Weals, one of the manager's of the property, says TripAdvisor's ranking is bogus.
"We do not agree with the claim that TripAdvisor has made, and we welcome anyone to come see for themselves," Well said. He claims of being harrassed by the site and disputes the reviews that have been posted.
The Hotel Carter, another budget friendly hotel in Manhattan that has topped the list three years in a row, seems to have cleaned up its act, managing to stay out of the top 10 dirtiest this year.
The other hotels to make the cut are in some of the countries most popular vacation destinations.
Here's the list:
1. Heritage Marina Hotel, San Francisco, California
2. Days Inn Eureka/Six Flags, Eureka, Missouri
3. Tropicana Resort Hotel, Virginia Beach, Virginia
4. Super 8 Virginia Beach/At the Ocean, Virginia Beach, Virginia
5. Quality Inn, Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
6. New York Inn, New York City, New York
7. Parisian Hotel & Suites, Miami Beach, Florida
8. Capistrano Seaside Inn, Capistrano Beach, California
9. Desert Lodge, Palm Springs, California
10. Continental Oceanfront Hotel South Beach, Miami Beach, Florida