Puppies Die in Fire Started by Alcohol on Hot Motor Bike

Friday, Dec 28, 2012  |  Updated 11:38 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Puppies Die in Fire Started by Alcohol on Motor Bike

mount vernon fire dirt bike, mount vernon fire puppies, mount vernon fire puppies bike alcohol

advertisement

As many as 20 pit bull puppies died in a two-alarm fire in Mount Vernon, N.Y., that authorities say was ignited when a 13-year-old boy spilled alcohol on a hot dirt bike.

The fire began at around 7 p.m. Thursday on the first floor of a home on South Seventh Avenue.

The motor bike had a hot engine from a recent ride and was leaning against a wall of the home in a hallway when alcohol was spilled on it, the Mount Vernon Fire Department said.

Authorities said Friday that 15-20 caged pit bull puppies were inside the home and died in the fire.

No one was injured in the blaze.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news team... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out