Suspect Sought in Manhattan Bank Robberies
Police have released surveillance images of a man wanted in a series of bank robberies in Manhattan and Queens.
In nearly all of the following robberies, the suspect demanded money from the teller and ran away with cash:
- Saturday, Jan. 25, at the Chase bank at 101 Barclay St.
- Saturday, Feb. 22, at the Popular bank at 134 Delancey St.
- Saturday, Feb. 22 at the Capital One bank at 245 E. 34th St.
- Friday, Feb. 28, at the Capital One bank at 151 East Fordham Rd.
- Saturday, March 8, at the Chase bank at 69 5th Ave.
- Saturday, March 8, at the Citibank at 79 5th Ave. In this case, the teller refused to turn over money, and the suspect ran away empty-handed.
- Monday, March 10, at the Flushing Savings Bank at 136-41 Roosevelt Ave. in Queens.
Police say no one was hurt in any of the robberies. The suspect is described as a 25-year-old man, about 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighing 160 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 800-577-TIPS.