Mamaroneck High School Evacuated Due to Gas Leak

Con Ed said a gas odor was detected in the basement.

View Comments ()



    Mamaroneck High School has been evacuated because of a possible gas leak in the school basement.

    The school's website said Friday that officials had issued an "immediate dismissal" for the high school, to "ensure student safety."

    Con Ed says contractors were working in the school's basement and gas was detected.

    As a precaution, the school was evacuated.

    Check back with NBC New York for updates to this developing story.