NBC 4 New York
Two New Jersey men face a long list of charges, after allegedly setting off homemade explosives at a Bayonne apartment building. Checkey Beckford reports.
Police say a teenager and a 20-year-old man face attempted murder and other charges in connection with an alleged machete attack on Long Island that left three men bleeding from severe face, neck and hand wounds in the street earlier this year.
Authorities said they arrested a 22-year-old man and a 25-year-old man several hours after the initial attack March 31, and had since been looking for two other suspects, a 17-year-old and a 20-year-old, in connection with the assault. Those suspects were apprehended Saturday.
The younger suspects were arraigned Sunday on charges of attempted murder and assault; the suspects arrested earlier had previously been charged with gang assault and assault.
Investigators say the charges come months after detectives responding to a 911 call found three men -- ages 35, 34 and 23 -- bleeding in the street outside of a restaurant in New Cassel. They said at the time the wounds appeared to have been caused by a machete.
The victims were taken to the hospital in serious condition. No update on their conditions since the March 31 attack was immediately available.