MTA Security Plan Completely Off Track: DiNapoli

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2010  |  Updated 7:15 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
MTA Security Plan Completely Off Track: DiNapoli

What's that coming along?

advertisement

New York state's comptroller says a post-9/11-security plan for the nation's largest mass transit system is overdue and over budget.

Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli's report released Tuesday says the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's overall costs for the plan ballooned from $591 million to $833 million, leaving just only $59 million to finish the plan's high-tech measures.

DiNapoli says that's not enough to install digital security cameras and motion detectors throughout the city's transit system. But the MTA vowed to finish the project.

Lockheed Martin was in charge of the electronic security plan but sued the MTA last year blaming the agency for delays. The MTA countersued.

A Lockheed Martin spokeswoman declined to comment on the ongoing litigation.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out