Police say they have arrested the man who allegedly threatened women with a hammer before sexually assaulting them on two different occasions.
Anthony Moore, 19, of Queens Village, was arrested Friday in connection with the assaults. Charges are pending.
NYPD officers picked up Moore in Nassau County, where he had been arrested for harassing and following a woman while he had a hammer, police said. Moore was tracked down there after a police officer in the Bronx noticed a stop-and-frisk report matched the description for the suspect wanted in the hammer-menacing cases.
Moore was brought back to the special victims' unit in Brooklyn, where he was picked out in two lineups.
Police say one of the attacks involved an 18-year-old victim who was walking in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn at about 12:40 a.m. April 9. The suspect approached her, threatened her with a hammer and demanded oral sex before forcing her to a back alley, where he allegedly raped her.
Later that morning, he tried to rape a 22-year-old woman. Police said he followed her into an apartment building and also threatened her with a hammer. The victim was able to fight him off and run away.
It was not immediately known if he had a lawyer.
Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Sign up for email newsletters here. Get breaking news delivered right to your phone -- just text NYBREAKING to 639710. For more info, text HELP. To end, text STOP. Message and data rates may apply.