Girl Strangled By Air-Conditioner Cord

Saturday, Jul 9, 2011  |  Updated 5:25 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Girl Strangled By Air-Conditioner Cord

advertisement

A two-year-old girl choked to death after her neck became entangled in the cord of an air-conditioner on Long Island Saturday, police said.

Suffolk County police responded to a 911 call about a girl choking just before 1 p.m. in Greenlawn.

They arrived to find Malana Ingram, 2, caught in the cord of an air-conditioner installed about 6 feet off the ground.

She was discovered by a family member.

Relatives and rescue workers performed CPR and the child was taken to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out