New Surveillance Photos Released of Suspect in Knife Attack on 17-Year-Old Girl

The victim was walking home from her shift at McDonald's when she was assaulted

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Police released new photos Tuesday of a man suspected of attacking a 17-year-old girl from behind and stabbing her 10 times as she walked home from her job at a Queen's McDonald's last week, authorities said. 

    The teen, identified by relatives as Natasha Martinez, was stabbed at about 11:30 p.m. outside her Woodhaven home on July 29.

    A man brought to the police precinct for questioning Monday was later released, and police say they are looking for the man captured on surveillance cameras (above) fleeing the scene.

    Man Attacks Teen Walking Home, Stabs Her 10 Times in Back

    [NY] Queens Teen Stabbed Near Her Home, Surveillance Video Shows Suspected Attacker
    Newly released surveillance video show the man police think might be behind the brutal stabbing of a teenager in Queens. She's expected to survive, but her family and neighbors are shaken. Rob Schmitt reports.

    The girl was stabbed so violently she lost a kidney and was in surgery for three hours, her mother said. 

    The mother said her daughter has a long-distance boyfriend who wasn't in town at the time of the attack, and has never had any problems. She has "always been a girl that goes from school to the house," she said last week.

    "I don't know what happened, if he was on drugs or if he wanted to kill her," Wendy Martinez added.

    It's not clear why the girl was attacked. According to her mother, none of the girl's belongings were taken.

    Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytimeiPhone/iPad App | Twitter | Facebook | Email Newsletters Send Us News Tips | Google+ | Instagram | RSS