4-Year-Old Girl Shocked By Electrified Scaffolding at Red Hook Housing Development

Laila Davis was taken to New York-Presbyterian Hospital after the incident

Monday, Aug 20, 2012  |  Updated 2:54 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Girl Shocked by Electrified Scaffolding in BK

advertisement

A 4-year-old girl was shocked when she touched electrified scaffolding while visiting her grandmother at the Red Hook East Houses in Brooklyn, according to a published report.

Laila Davis was taken to New York-Presbyterian Hospital after the incident, which took place last week, the Daily News reported Monday. She was released the following day, the paper said.

"It felt like a hot thing. I was shaking. I was crying," Laila told the Daily News. "It hurt on my arm and my breathing place."

A spokeswoman for the New York City Housing Authority said the work area is no longer dangerous, and that the authority is investigating the incident.

Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Get our apps here and sign up for email newsletters here. Get breaking news delivered right to your phone -- just text NYBREAKING to 639710. For more info, text HELP. To end, text STOP. Message and data rates may apply.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out