2 Rescued from Bronx Fire

Saturday, Jul 9, 2011  |  Updated 5:28 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
2 Rescued from Bronx Fire

advertisement

Two men were rescued from an early-morning fire in the Bronx Saturday.

Fire officials say both of the men are in their 20s. The fire in the Castle Hill neighborhood broke out at about 7 a.m. and was brought under control in about 45 minutes.

One man was rescued from a bedroom and the other from the living room.

"They suffered from smoke inhalation," Deputy Chief Raymond Stanton said at the scene.

Both are in serious condition at Jacobi Hospital.

The FDNY said the blaze was an accidental electrical fire. Officials said there were smoke alarms in the home, but no batteries in them.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Follow us on Instagram!
We post photos taken by our news... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out