2 Rescued from Bronx Fire

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Two men were rescued from an early-morning fire in the Bronx Saturday.

    Fire officials say both of the men are in their 20s. The fire in the Castle Hill neighborhood broke out at about 7 a.m. and was brought under control in about 45 minutes.

    One man was rescued from a bedroom and the other from the living room.

    "They suffered from smoke inhalation," Deputy Chief Raymond Stanton said at the scene.

    Both are in serious condition at Jacobi Hospital.

    The FDNY said the blaze was an accidental electrical fire. Officials said there were smoke alarms in the home, but no batteries in them.