93-Year-Old Man Dies in Coney Island Apartment Fire

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK
    Shutterstock

    A 93-year-old man died when a fire sparked by faulty electrical wiring broke out in his Coney Island apartment early Monday, authorities said.
    Lipa Briks was found unconscious in his West Eighth Street apartment when police responded to a 911 call about a fire there shortly after 1 a.m. 

    He was pronounced dead at the hospital. 

    Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytimeiPhone/iPad App | Twitter | Facebook | Email Newsletters Send Us News Tips | Google+ | Instagram | RSS